New Record! Chile nominated for 18 categories of the World Travel Awards Latin America 2018
Chile was nominated for 18 categories of the World Travel Awards. This award ceremony is industry-wide known as the “tourism Oscars “. Chile achieved a new record by doubling the number of nominations received last year.
This is an annual international award that intends to recognize the best tourism destination with international votes. World Travel Awards allow winners to position themselves as global industry leaders in their respective categories.
For a second year in a row (2016 and 2017), Chile has been named best adventure travel destination in South America and the World. Chile has positioned itself alongside other adventure tourism powerhouses such as the United States, Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Thailand or Ecuador.
Adventure tourism includes travel to remote and exotic locations. Tourists take part in physically challenging outdoor activities. Due to Chile’s varied geography, climate and top notch travel services, it has positioned itself as the ideal adventure tourism destination.
On September 2018, the winners will be announced at an award ceremony in Quito, Ecuador.
2018 Destination Nominated Categories :
- Leading adventure destination
- Green destination
- Leading cultural city: Santiago
- Tourist destination: Atacama
- Beach destination: Easter Island
- Most romantic destination: Atacama Desert
- Most romantic destination: Santiago
- Most romantic destination: Torres del Paine
- Whale watching
- Nature’s destination
- Culinary destination
- Cultural destination
- Festival and events: Santiago
- LGBT destination
- Leading cruise destination
- Youth destination
- Sports tourism destination: Santiago
- Tourism Board: Sernatur
In the following categories several of Turismo Chile’s members have been nominated:
- Travel Agencies & Tour Operators
The latter Turismo Chile member nominations are:
- Explora Patagonia in South America’s Leading Boutique Hotel and Boutique Resort.
- Sheraton Santiago in South America’s Leading Conference Hotel.
- The Singular Patagonia in South America´s Leading Green Hotel and Expedition Company.
- San Cristobal Tower in South America’s Leading Hotel Suite.
- Tierra Chiloé in South America’s Leading New Hotel.
- Nomads of the Seas and Explora both nominated as South America’s Expedition Companies.
Votes may be cast until August 5th. You can vote for Chile and Turismo Chile’s members here: https://www.worldtravelawards.com/nominees/2018/south-america